This course will show you everything you need to know to launch an employee advocacy programme and then run it with only 2 hours a week.
Over a series of 6 online sessions (pre-recorded so you can watch anytime) you will learn how to create a strategy, what type of content to create, how to find the best advocates, how to keep them motivated to stay with it, and how to capture insights and create a report.
The outcome for you in taking this course is you’ll be able to launch a successful employee advocacy programme suited to YOUR organisation WITH NO budget.
The course is led by Andrew Seel and Caroline Jory, Andrew and Caroline have launched employee advocacy programmes for John Lewis & Partners, Waitrose, Post Office, Iceland Foods and Ordnance Survey to name a few.
The course includes 6 modules
They are built around the core pillars that will allow you to launch the most successful employee advocacy programme for your organisation with no budget. These modules include the templates and matrixes you need to manage the programme efficiently without the use of advocacy software.
Module 1: Purpose – setting out your why
Module 2: Recruitment – selling the idea to potential advocates and mapping who to invite
Module 3: Storytelling – understanding the stories employees will share
Module 4: Motivation – the power of behavioural change and creating a programme people are proud to be part of
Module 5: Reporting – how to get insights and creating powerful reports
Module 6: When time is tight – how to run an employee advocacy in 2 hours a week
- Strategy template
- Content matrix
- Recruitment Matrix
- Sample report template
- Gamification model
- How to run a employee advocacy programme guide
- Incorporating employee advocacy into your marketing mix guide
- Industry best practice case studies
Module 1: Purpose
- Why are you doing this?
- Why would employees do it? What’s in it for them?
- Behavioural change – the theory
- Motivation, Ability and Prompts – how to do it
- Template for strategy/vision
Module 2: Recruitment
- Build your target list
- Email sequence – how to write mails that work
- Generate sign ups – huddles, surveys, peer to peer/manager recommendation
- Qualification – do they have the ability?
- Running workshops – teaser and activating advocates
- Recruitment matrix
Module 3: Storytelling
- What would good look like?
- What is authentic? What isn’t?
- What brand stories are you trying to tell?
- What guidance do employees need to achieve this?
- What other stories should employees be telling that would help meet their needs?
- How to guide and prompt these stories on social media
- Content matrix
Module 4: Motivation
- Why will they keep doing it
- Autonomy; Mastery; Purpose – Dan Pink’s theory of motivation
Ability – How can you help them become experts?
- Prompts – How can you remind them?
- Motivation – how else can you motivate them?
- Gamification model – League tables, rewards, points, vouchers, competition entry
Module 5: Reporting
- What does success like?
- What reports do you need, who are you reporting to?
- What value are you looking for?
- How to bring it to life for senior management with stories
- Simple Techniques and Tips
- Sample report template
Module 6: When time is tight
- How to run your employee advocacy programme in 2 hours a week
- Prioritising – what makes the biggest difference
- Generating content ideas
- Using matrix and templates to keep organised
- Knowing when to scale
Some questions you may have
Can you invoice me rather than me paying online?
Yes, if you’d prefer us to invoice you, we can. Please email your details to us at email@example.com and we’ll send you an invoice.
Is this a live course or can I fit it around my own schedule?
This is a recorded course so you can listen to it when it suits you. We will release a new module every Tuesday for 6 weeks, starting from 16 March.
How is the course delivered?
Each module is delivered by video, these are pre-recorded so you can listen at a time that suits you.
How long is each of the 6 modules?
Each module is between 35-50 minutes.
What if I have questions as I listen to the course?
If you listen to it and have any questions, you can email us and we’ll collate all the questions and our thoughts and send these round to everyone on Friday of the same week.
Will there be additional learning materials?
Yes. Each module comes with some learning materials to support you as you move through the programme.
Can I access recordings after the 6 weeks?
Yes. You can access these recordings for a year after you enrol. So if you start and need to stop and pick back up, or you want to relisten once you’ve launched your programme and need to focus on a particular area, you can simply login and relisten to the module.
What if I don’t have time right now for this course?
We’re looking to help you be more effective in delivering your social media marketing, which will ultimately save you time.
I don’t have time to run an employee advocacy programme
This course is designed to help you run a successful programme on about 2 hours a week.
What if I buy it and don’t see the value?
We are here to help our network and will not be happy unless we provide incredible value. If this course isn’t right for you, we will give you a full refund up to 30 days after purchase date. No questions asked.
We have an employee advocacy programme already, so how will this help?
Employee advocacy has changed since it was first integrated into marketing and HR. In all the years we’ve worked with clients on their programmes, we’ve seen many that fail to gather momentum after the initial excitement.
They can be seen as too corporate, too time consuming, too much focus on what’s in it for the business and not for the advocates. This course will help you revitalise existing programmes, as well as coach you in the skills to launch a programme from scratch.
We’re not planning employee advocacy at the moment
This is your opportunity. Now’s the time to learn how to make change happen within your organisation. You can be the difference that makes things progress.
I’m not sure if I can make employee advocacy happen
If you’re someone who has ideas for how your company could improve or change then we’re here to help. This course will guide you through the process of how to make those ideas happen. We explain the techniques, tools and tricks to get things moving.
I work for a large company
This course is aimed at smaller companies but if you’re striving to get better – you’ll find real value here.